Mata Pelajaran : Bahasa Inggris Waktu : Menit
Kelas/Jurusan : X Hari/Tanggal :
Pilihlah jawaban a, b, c, d dan e yang menurut anda benar !
This text for question 1 to 5
This is Mr. Haryono’s house. It is big, clean and comfortable. There is a garden in front of the house. The are some plants a flowers in the garden. There is a living room, a dining room, two bathrooms, a kitchen, three bedrooms and a garage
Mr. Haryono has same pets, a dog, and a parrot. Mr. Haryono takes care of the pets very carefully.
1. The type of the text is…
b. Recount e. Spoof
2. What do you call the first paragraph of the text….
a. Orientation d. General classification
b. Identification e. Event
3. The communicative purpose of the text is….
a. to present to point about Haryono house d. to persuade reader to keep their house
b. to explain how Haryono maintains his house e. Mr. Haryono have some pets
c. to describe the conditions of Haryono house
4. the text organization of the text is….
a. identification, description d. general clarification, description
b. orientation, event e. orientation, evaluation
c. identification, orientation
5. Mr. Haryono has some pets the are….
a. a cat d. a kitchen
b. a snake e. a garden
c. a boon
The text question 6 to 11
“I have a cat”
Spots is a regular house a cat, he is a adorable cat he is orange for with white and black spots black spots. I lake to cuddle him because his for feels soft, every morning I give spot milk, spot does not like rice , 50 I give him cat food
Spot is active animal he like to run around the house he like to chase everyone in my house when he feel tired or sleeps on the sofa in the living room or sometime under that table
6. what type of the text above….
- report d. recount
- description e. procedure
7. Witch the statement is not TRUE according to the text….
- spot this likes rice d. sport usually sleeps on the sofa in the living room
- sport his orange spots e. sport is tired
- spot likes to around the house
8. “he likes to chose everyone in my house”
The synonym of the underlined word is….
- Trick d. cheat
- Catch e. meet
9. What eat the cat….
- milk and foot d. all write
- rice and vegetable e. penaple
- orange and banana
10. where the cat is sleep….
- on the floor d. on the chair
- on the fillow e. on the street
- on the table
11. to tell the condition as what the are the writer mostly expresses them in /with….
- passive voice d. simple present tense
- modals e. past tense
- present perfect tense
12. the generic structure of the text recount is….
- orientation, complication, event d. orientation, complication, event
- orientation, event, re-orientation e. orientation, re-orientation, event
- orientation, event, resolution
the text question 13 to 16
Here are tips on how to charm a girl: first, send her bunch of flowers at least every weekend; second, ring her up every day, at least asking ‘how are you?; third, try or enjoy what she likes or enjoys; fourth, be frequent to say ‘I Love You’ in any chance you are encountering for saying it.
13. The genre. Of the text is….
- Narrative d. discussion
- Procedure e. recount
14. the text is about….
- tips to charm a girl d. the importance of having a girl
- how to treat a charming girl e. making a girl a target of life
- tricks to cheat a girl
15. to prescribe the methods, the writer uses….
- imperative sentences d. noun clauses
- simple past tense e. simple perfect tense
- to infinitive
16. what is the structure of the text above….
- goal, material, steps d. orientation, event, steps
- goal, material, event e. orientation, event, re-orientation
- goal, steps, event
17. What type of the text above?
a. Report d. Narrative
b. Explanation e. Recount
18. The communicative purpose of the text above is ….
a. Tell the readers avout writer’s holiday in Bali
b. To inform the reader where the Bali is
c. To discuss the writer’s holiday
d. To amuse the readers by telling the trip to Bali
e. To explain the readers in detail avout the holiday
19. When was the trip happened?
a. Last week d. Last week of December 2008
b. Last week of December 2009 e. every week
c. Last week of August 2008
20. Who drove the car?
a. The writer d. The writer’s sister
b. The writer’s brother e. The driver
c. The drove in turn
21. Where did they drop first?
a. at Sanur Beach d. at Sangeh
b. at their uncle’s house e. at Bedugul Lake
c. at Kuta Beach
22. The first sentence function as ….
a. Orientation d. event
b. Re-orentation e. a thesis
23. The last sentences function as ….
a. Orientation d. event
b. Re-orentation e. a thesis
24. To tell the condition as, what the are the writer mostly expreses them in ….
a. Vassive Voice d. present tenses
b. Modals e. direct speech
c. Past tense
25. The structure of the text above is ….
a. Orientation, event, re-orientation d. identification, resolution
b. Goal, material, steps e. orientation, steps
c. Event, orientation
The reading text is for number 26-30
June, 3th 2005
Hi Rio how are you? I hope you are OK.
By the way now I have a computer. My father bought is last month for me. I usually play games in the computer.
I take those picture of cars with the computer. First, I click window explorer. Second, I click word program. Finally, I click paste. Those picture, then, move to my letter as you see now. Of course I need learn more about how to use the computer because I only know a little about it. I don’t know how to refill it. Write to me as soon as you can.
See you letter. Bye.
26. According to the letter ….
a. Rio has more knowledge then Herman d. Rio is as clever as Herman
b. Herman is cleverer than Rio e. Rio more clever than Herman
c. Herman and Rio in the same class
27. The way of moving a picture in the computer is shown in ….
a. Paragraph 1 d. Paragraph 4
b. Paragraph 3 e. paragraph 1 and 2
c. Paragraph 2
28. Finally I click paste. The similarity of the underlined word is ….
a. At the beginning d. at last
b. Formally e. at first
c. the end of the word
29. Do you know how to refill it? The underlined word refers to ….
a. Central processing unit d. computer
b. Window explorer e. picture
30. What does …… hope? He hopes Rio ……. The letter ….
a. Rio/receive/soons d. Herman/ask/late
b. Rio/answer/soon e. Herman/answer/soon
The reading text is for number 31-45
Early one morning, Umar was walking to the bus stop to catch a bus to school. A loud screeching noise suddenly pierced the air. Umar realized that there had been and accident. A small boy wos lying unconscious on the road, and the car that had hit him had ready run away.
Umar was confused and the frightened. “ is the boy dead?” Umar asked himself. However, the boy way still breathing. Umar cloud see that the boy had bruises all over his face and arms.
Umar did know what to do. Few cars passed along this road at this time of the day. The nearest house which he could go to for help was his own, but it would take ten minutes to walk there. Umar finally the decided to stay with the boy umtil somebody came by.
Time passed very slowly-so it seemed to Umar. The boy was still unconscious, and umar prayed for the boy to regain consciousnesss.
Umar had a lot to tell to his friends that they at school. All his friends thought Umar was a very brave boy. “ it was an unforgettable incident, wasn’t it?”They asked him. “ yes it was, “ umar replied. “ it was a terrifyinjg experience, thought!”.
31. Where did the accident happen?
a. At the bus stop d. at the police station
b. Near umar’s house e. on the way to the bus stop
c. Near umar’s school
32. The purpose of the text is to ….
a. Tell a past event d. report a phenomena
b. Entertain readers e. describe Umar’s activity
c. Discuss something
33. Umar and the helpful driver went to the police atation after they ….
a. Stopped the approaching car d. had seen the injured boy the on road
b. Reported the accident they saw e. had carried the injured boy to the hospital
c. Brought the boy to the nearest house
34. “ Later the driver took Umar to the police station to report the accident.” ( paragraph 5 ) this part of the text is called ….
a. Resolution d. reorientation
b. Orientation e. an introduction to events
35. what do umar’s friends think about him ….
a. He is an honest boy d. he is a kind boy
b. He is a coward boy e. he is an easy going boy
c. He is a very brave boy
36. Rindu : “ mom, I am nominated in the singing contest.”
Mama : “ great! I’m really pround of you.”
The underlined utterance is an expression ….
a. will d. plan
b. pride e. satisfaction
37. X : “ There will be a party at my house tonight, would you like to come?”
Y : “ I’d love to, but I have an appointment with me colleague.”
From the dialog we know that the second speaker … the invitation.
a. Gives d. loves
b. Declines e. enjoys
38. Raissa : “ I’m sorry, I can’t leave now. We have to practice the last part on the drama but we …by six o’clock,”
Rezza :don’t worry. I’ll wait until you finished.”
a. Finish d. are finishing
b. will finish e. will have finishing
c. have finish
39. A : “ you have only a few minutes before the train leaves, or you … it.”
B :”Thank you for reminding me.”
a. Might miss d. have to miss
b. Have missed e. should have missed
c. Are missing
40. Ina : “ what do you think of yourm new red dress?”
Eta : “ ……… it goes with my shoes.”
Ina : “ I think so. You look beautiful on it.”
Eta : “ Thank you.”
a. I am very satisfied with it. d. I don’t like it
b. I don’t think so e. It’s too difficult to do
c. sorry to hear that
41. Martin : “ I’m sure he … be able to do the test well. Because he studied seriously last night.”
David : “ I hope so”.
a. Can not d. might
b. Could have e. will
c. Must not
42. A : “ …………?”
B : “ He work at a foreign company.”
a. Where is he work d. where does he work
b. Where did he work e. does he work at a foreign company
c. Where do he work
43. Teacher 1 : “ did you see the head master?”
Teacher 2 : “ yes, he … in the library now.”
a. Reads a megazine d. read a megazine
b. is reading a magazine e. has read a megazine
c. was reading a magazine
44. pete : “ how about having dinner with me tonight?”
kate : “ thank you. I’d love to.”
From the dialogue above we conclude that ….
a. Kate declines the invitation d. Pete invites kate to have dinner together
b. Pete want to have dinner e. Pete make a date with kate
c. Kate love pete
45. April : “ My brother has got a scholarship to continue his study in one of prominent university in America.”
Ivone : “……….”
a. I’m glad to hear that d. I’m not surprise
b. I’m sorry to know that e. I’m not satisfied
c. It’s common
46. How much instant porridge do you need to make the meat floss porridge
a. 250 cc d. 10 gram
b. 50 gram e. 5 spoon
c. 1 spoon
47. What should we do after stirring the porridge….
a. Put the instant porridge into a bowl d. wait for about 3 minutes
b. Aad Soya sauce and chili sauce e. add potatoes
c. Add crackers and meat floss
48. “ ……………… until the porridge thickened
What is the meaning of the italic word
a. To become solid d. to become powder
b. To get weak e. to become sald
c. To raise the volume
49. what is the writing purpose of the text? ….
a. meat floss porridge d. instant floss
b. instant porridge e. instant water
c. crackers and meat floss
50. How many steps are there in the instruction? ….
a. 5 steps d. 2 steps
b. 4 steps e. 6 steps
c. 3 steps